- Level Design
- Game Design
- Cinematic Design
- Narrative Design
- Proficient with professional editors including Cryengine, Unreal Editor and Unity.
Naughty Dog – Game Designer, October 2016 – Present
Cloud Imperium Games – Lead Level Designer, January 2014 – October 2016
Star Citizen/Squadron 42
- Guiding the level design process for multiple aspects of Star Citizen and Squadron 42.
- Level Designer on several story driven campaign levels including environment blockout, scenario implementation, scripting, narrative flow, objective creation and pacing.
- Design ownership of multiple key game mechanics across both Star Citizen and Squadron 42.
Crytek – Level Designer, October 2010 – January 2014
Homefront: The Revolution
- Level design and scripting for single player campaign.
- Key level design owner of FPS “Vertical Slice”
- Conceptualizing, blocking out and producing full levels and missions for the campaign.
- Prototyping and implementing new game mechanics.
- Leading teams on several components of development such as level design, story and combat encounter design.
- Environmental design updates for several parts of original Crysis campaign.
- Balancing and scripting combat encounters throughout the game.
- Scripting and level optimizations of original Crysis game for consoles.
- Level design and owner or of several multiplayer levels and game modes.
- Scripting cinematics.
- Designing game mechanics.
Cohort Studios – Level Designer, January 2009 – October 2010
- Game and level design including scripting and mechanics creation.
- Designing and implementing puzzles, cinematics and motion control gameplay.
Free Radical Design – Level Designer, October 2007 – January 2009
Star Wars: Battlefront 3
- Single player and multiplayer mission and level design.
- Scripting and set up of encounters, events and cinematic sequences.
The University of Abertay Dundee, 2003 – 2007 BSc (Hons) Computer Games Technology
Speaker, GDC Europe 2016 – “Creating Conflict: Combat Design for AAA Action Games“
Speaker, PC Gamer Weekender 2016 – “Star Citizen: Building a Universe“
Speaker, EGX 2015 Rezzed Session Panel (With James Cooper – Naughty Dog, Pete Ellis – Guerrilla Games, Sam Howels – Dambusters) – “Space To Ground”
Speaker, EDGE Magazine presents Game City Nights – “Level Design at Crytek”
Speaker, Norwich University of the Arts, 2012 – “Working in the games industry” Speaker, Dare To Be Digital, 2011 – “Whitebox To Release: The Making of Crysis 2“
Space to Ground: Matters of Scale in Level Design – Gamasutra, Featured Blog Post
Levolution Is Just A Theory… – Gamasutra, Featured Blog Post
Develop 30-Under-30, 2012